Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan! One of the Greatest Icon of Music!

Pakistan is very rich country in terms of Music. Pakistan has got plenty of singers (and musicians) which have shown there talent not only at national but also at international level. But the one who really brought Pakistan in lime light of International music is THE GREAT (LATE) NUSRAT FATEH ALI KHAN. In the further post I will write the details of his early life but in this blog I want to post the comments which have been said by some great Music Icons

Late American rock singer JEFF BUCKLEY “Nusrat, he's my Elvis”. He also said in an interview, "I idolize Nusrat, he's a god too."

EDDIE VEDDER said “I was lucky to work with Nusrat, a true musician who won't be replaced in my life. There was definitely a spiritual element in his music”.


Nusrat Fathe Ali Khan has the credit that he was the first person in the world of music who mixed the modern music composing equipments with traditional Qawali(a form of music which is linked with spiritualism). He was also the first person to bring Qawali to the lime light and in the international world of music.
I will post his early life details within few days in my blog and that will be really interesting for you

No comments: