Sunday, December 7, 2008

Battle of Survival ! Upcoming German Indie film





Dear friends few weeks back I met a German Indie filmmaker Matthias. While talking him I came to know about his indie films so I requested him to send me the link of his site so that I can see the trailer of his film and no doubt it was a great experience. The film trailer was awesome. The other thing which really attracted me a lot was the beautiful locations. The filmmaker has tremendously captured the beauty of nature in his camera. The film revolves around four beautiful girls and their battle for survival.



At-last the exciting trailer and beautiful scenes of the movie grabbed my attention and I decided to ask Matthias to give me his interview for my blog. I am posting that interview here in my blog and I will like to say thanks to Matthias for giving me this interview.



















Hi Matthias first of all tell us something about yourself and your professional experience?







Well i never visited a film school or something similar. I´m a carpenter, and started my career in the film business building Sets and Props for television and some theaters. Then in the late 90´ i got the chance to be part of the European marketing for the Star Wars Prequels Episode I.-III. I had one of the biggest 1:1 scale Star Wars Props Exhibitions and wearable Costumes in Europe that time. That was a lot of fun. When the hype was over i sold my hole. Exhibition to a private Star Wars collector and used the money to build up our film company. We started our business shooting music-clips and commercials for some local company's and musicians. In this year i wrote a lot of scripts and we always tried to get some producers to join us and allow us to make a motion picture. But it failed always on the same reasons. None of them believed we could make a motion picture alone, making short movies, video clips and commercials are totally different from making a movie for the big screen. Basically they were afraid losing there money on us. So we thought the only way to show theme there wrong was to make and finish a movie alone. Sounds simple and that's what we did with Break. Now its up to them.





when did you start taking interest in filmmaking?







I think that was in the year 2000 when i started taking interest in filmmaking.








Before the film “BREAK” what was your experience as a filmmaker?







I started with a Star Wars Fan movie but never finished it. Then wedid some commercials and a lot of music videos. How the idea of film BREAK came in your mind? Well, i had to show some people that i can make a feature movie, so i came upwith the idea to make a Back wood slasher, because there really easy to shoot and i didn´t had enough money to shoot a world war 2 movie (Laughs). Who is the scriptwriter of the film “BREAK”? Me and only me. How many days it took for the script to get finish? I wrote the Main script in 5 days but it took 2 months to polish everything and make the dialogues smooth. Being an Independent filmmaker it is always hard to do financing of the film. How you got able to raise the finance? That is the hardest thing to do. I started with my own money and had the luck that a Producer (Bernd Reichert) thought i was dignified to get some money. So i could finish the movie without robbing a bank.





While filming your movie what were the major hurdles you faced?







The Weather... always the Weather but we had some Saints on our side. In what locations you film has been filmed? 90% of the film has been filmed in the Woods. We shoot everything here in Bavaria and Austria. 3 Sets were build and used in our studio. Then we shoot some opener shoots in Vancouver and Swiss.





What was the reason for filming in so many different countries?







Well i think because we wanted the movie to look international, and you can´t shoot an international looking movie in Bavarian woods... not without making fun of yourself.





For how many days did you shoot?






18 Days





What are the elements which make you feel that your movie is different from the movies being made these days?







I can´t tell that. I think the audience has to tell that There are so many talented independent filmmakers in this world, i don´t think I am the guy who is different.

To be continued....

No comments: