Friday, November 14, 2008

What scares you the most in Horror movies? (1)

Horror genre is my most favorite genre. I have always been attracted towards the movies with lot of blood, pieces of human bodies lying here and there, darkness, zombies, ghosts, suspense that what will happen next and a lot more. I personally love to spend my weekend in a darkroom with a friend watching a horror movie. I remember when I was young, the horror movies used to grip me so much that I sue to sleep with taking a blanket over me and still I used to think that some one hiding at the corner of my room and watching me. The interesting thing was that the night I used to see a horror movie, that whole night I couldn’t sleep but still the next week I had a movie in my shelf ready to be watched.

Though I have grown up and things in the movie now do not scare me, but the interest in horror movies is still alive and the biggest proportion of movies in my collection is of horror movies. Few months back while talking on a forum I came to know that majority of the indie filmmakers starts their career with horror genre (in case of feature film). This is something which I later on read in several articles related to indie filmmaking and horror genre. An experienced guy told me that horror films which are not so scary, even they have some chance to sell out and have a small market. It was interesting news for me. I couldn’t even say he was misguiding me because he himself had a small niche market of his horror films. After talking to him I started liking to research about the genre and about the fact that what do people like in a horror film? The reason for this is that I have seen people passing good comments even about few horror films (horror zombie genre) which were really ridiculous and I would have never thought to see. The major reason was that the movie was shot in day light (I think no one like horror movies shot in day light) and the make up of zombies was horrible done. They were looking idiots rather than zombies. I will like to name one movie which I purchased and really felt upset for wasting my time to see that movie. The name of that movie is “Zombie Wars (2006)”. The link is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0897444/synopsis.










The shocking thing about the movie was that it was rated one of the most terrifying and horror film of the year by well known organizations and people etc. This thing was really stunning because the film had not even a story (and not anything which can attract people) and it was rated so highly.


This thing encouraged me to do a little survey. I will post the results of the survey in my next post….

2 comments:

Horror Movies | Online Movies said...

Some people make a great film and then they can't follow up.

Anonymous said...

I must say old movies must be in the industry with the great prints.
Old Pakistani Movies | Pakistani Old Film List