Friday, November 21, 2008

What scares you the most in Horror movies? (2)

Friends this topic had been really an interesting one for me. I posted this message on many forums and social networking sites. And there were many replies. I received around 100 replies. From those replies lot of replies were either irrelevant or very uncommon.

For example one guy said he is afraid of kids who are either ghosts or have been lost in jungle, another guy was scared of spiders in the movie. One other guy was scared of chairs moving without any one sitting on it or some one was interested in seeing situations where a guy is the only person left on earth. I have not counted those replies because those replies or elements mentioned by them were not part of general horror movies. Instead of this, these replies were given by keeping in mind specific movies.

I have counted the replies which were given keeping in mind the general horror movies rather than any specific movie.

You can see there is a heading of ‘other ‘. Under this heading I have counted those replies including two very different and important replies. And both the replies were related to character development. I am posting one of those replies without changing the words which were given to me so that you can understand it easily.

“I think the problem with most horrors is that they don't bother to actually build up the characters who die, and when those deaths could be full of meaning and significance (and thus horrifying) they just end up being Red Shirts.”
On asking more he replied.........

Continued..............

No comments: